Getting from point A to point B isn’t always easy, which is why you need the help of a trustworthy shipping company to feel secure. At ILS, we ship across the border between the US and Mexico to the world, and we do so in quite a few different ways.
Cross-Border Shipping between Mexico and the USA to the World
In 2018, cross-border transportation between the United States and Mexico amounted to nearly $600 billion dollars in transactions. And that number is expected to rise over the next decade. That’s why at the ILS we are committed to be an effective and efficient cross-border shipping solution for you. We have all the necessary skills, experience, and know-how to ship goods across such a crowded border. Here’s how we do it:
Trucking to Mexico, air cargo, and much more
At the ILS, we have experience shipping via ocean, ground, and air. In some cases, the journey might require a mixture of different modes of transportation. We are capable of handling one-size-fits-all solutions, which gives you options in terms of shipping.
In addition to decades of cross-border logistics experience, complete supply chain visibility, and support of multiple in-country locations and partners, our cross-border solutions include:
- Expedited and delayed ground shipping
- Access to our trucks in Mexico and in the USA
- LTL and FTL management
- Last Mile Residential Delivery / Special Service
- Local transportation
Our air freight services allow you to choose from a variety of options to ship door-to-door with confidence.
- Domestic Air Shipments
- We have an Indirect Carrier Certification which allows us to ship directly with commercial airlines and provide competitive shipping options.
- Deferred shipping
- Critical Care
- Economy Service
We operate in the world’s major ports, offering logistics services in automotive, aerospace, construction, O&G, medical, maquiladora, renewable energy, mining, and specialty niche markets.
- Full Container – 20’ containers, 40’ containers, 40’ High Cube, Flat racks, over-dimensional freight.
- Less than Container (LCL) – More economical option if you do not have a full container of freight. Quotes based on space (cubic meters) of the container.
- Flat racks – Typically used for material that needs to be tied to the container floor and/or cannot be loaded easily on a closed container with typical loading equipment.
- Temperature-controlled facilities
- Short and long term storage
- Internal Warehouse Management System.
- Web-based client inventory access.
- Packing slip, BOL, OS&D form uploads.
- Customs handling (Temporary Importations and Maquila to Maquila transfers)
- Quick fulfillment and delivery.
Choosing the right shipping method to get goods across the border
If you’re not sure of the method you should choose to export goods to Mexico, it all comes down to three main factors: your timeline, the size of your shipment, and your budget.
Ocean freight is ideal for large palettes of cargo, as you will pack goods into large shipping containers before moving them through international waters. Less-than-container shipping is also an option that can provide cost-saving benefits, but it may compromise your control over your cargo.
If you’re in a rush, you will want to select air freight. Both large freight and small packages can move quickly through the air, though the service does come at a higher premium than ocean and ground shipping—especially if you require expedited or rush services.
There is an extensive network of ground shipping solutions covering Mexico and the border surrounding areas with the United States. Industrial goods as well as agricultural products are often shipped via trucks, which can provide an economical option for you.
Stop waiting, and start shipping today
The ILS Company offers tailor made solutions, and part of our success comes from our extensive network of partners in the most important ports and commercial trade hubs in the world. Imports, exports, and international freight forwarding all fall within our scope, and we’re always open to working with new clients.