your strategic partner
in shipments all over the world
Specializing in cross-border solutions between Mexico and the US
Our wide knowledge of global logistics, supply chain operations, best shipping practices, and international transportation regulations, as our experienced team, are our main tools to highlight a cost reduction in the management of your supply chain.
Experience the ILS Shipping Advantage
- ILS serves North America with Full Truckload, Less-than-truckload, and intermodal services.
- Shipping coverage to difficult and common locations in Mexico, USA, and Canada.
- Careful selection and evaluation of carriers based on your transportation needs.
- Connect with an account manager for white-glove service and communication.
Shipping To & From Mexico
Shipping to/from Mexico is not as difficult as you would expect, but there is a process to follow, we will help you prepare for it:
- 1 First, identify all the parties involved in your import/export transaction: Exporter of record, Importer of record, Mexican Custom Broker, American Custom Broker and Transportation Company
- 2 Second, identify all the paperwork needed to complete the transaction: Commercial invoice with corresponding Harmonized Code (HTS), Packing List, Pedimento, inbond, entry/E-manifest.
Here is a brief overview of the border crossing process:
- Once shipment arrives to the border, you must wait until the paperwork is ready to begin with the clearing process: Pedimento; provided by the Mexican Custom Broker, Entry/AES File; provided by the American Custom Broker and E-manifest (only on northbound shipments); provided by the transportation company.
- The clearing process: Once you have all the paperwork ready it’s time to begin the clearing process, get in line at MX and US Customs; if selected, your shipment can undergo inspection at either US or MX customs, before the final clearance the shipment can possibly undergo a DOT inspection (only northbound shipments).
- 4 Once your shipment has gone through all the necessary inspections at both customs, your shipment is cleared and ready to go to its final destination.
Contact a qualified logistics professional to analyze your supply chain needs!Connect with us today!
“One of our biggest initiatives for our company is to grow our automotive business in Mexico. Having a partner like ILS that knows the landscape and understands customs and compliance regulations in Mexico has been absolutely necessary to achieving our goal”
– Mike Novara – Chep