your strategic partner
in shipments all over the world
Specializing in crossborder solutions between Mexico and the US
ILS is a leading third party logistics (non-asset based, which has proven to significantly generate cost savings to our customers) and third party warehousing company with a wide knowledge on global logistics, supply chain operations, best shipping practices and international transportation regulations.
Experience the ILS Shipping Advantage
- ILS serves North America with Full Truckload, Less-than-truckload and intermodal services.
- Shipping coverage to difficult and common locations in Mexico, USA and Canada.
- Strong carrier selection and evaluation for your transportation needs.
- Dedicated account manager providing white glove service and communication.
Shipping To & From Mexico
Shipping to/from Mexico is not as difficult as you would expect, but there is a process to follow, we will help you prepare accordingly:
- 1 First, identify all the parties involved in your import/export transaction: Exporter of record, Importer of record, Mexican Custom Broker, American Custom Broker and Transportation Company
- 2 Second, identify all the paperwork needed to complete the transaction: Commercial invoice with corresponding Harmonized Code (HTS), Packing List, Pedimento, inbond, entry/E-manifest.
Here is a brief overview of the border crossing process:
- Once shipment arrives to the border, you must wait until the paperwork is ready to begin with the clearing process: Pedimento; provided by the Mexican Custom Broker, Entry/AES File; provided by the American Custom Broker and E-manifest (only on northbound shipments); provided by the transportation company.
- The clearing process: Once you have all the paperwork ready it’s time to begin the clearing process, get in line at MX and US Customs; if selected, your shipment can undergo inspection at either US or MX customs, before the final clearance the shipment can possibly undergo a DOT inspection (only northbound shipments).
- 4 Once your shipment has gone through all the necessary inspections at both customs, your shipment is cleared and ready to go to its final destination.
Contact a qualified logistics professional to analyze your supply chain needs!Connect with us today!
“One of our biggest initiatives for our company is to grow our automotive business in Mexico. Having a partner like ILS that knows the landscape and understands customs and compliance regulations in Mexico has been absolutely necessary to achieving our goal”
– Mike Novara – Chep